What is the Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP)?
Healthfirst NY Medicare Plan wants to make sure that you are getting the most out of the prescription drugs you use. This program was designed and is managed by licensed pharmacists at Care Management International (CMI) to improve the way prescription drugs are used.
Participating in the Healthfirst Medication Therapy Management Program will help you to:
- Improve the way you use your prescription drugs;
- Make sure you get the most out of the prescription drugs you are taking;
- Reduce your risk for harmful drug events;
- Avoid possible interactions between your prescription drugs.
Services Offered include:
- Telephone consultation with a licensed Pharmacist to review your medications and answer any questions you may have;
- A Medication Action Plan (MAP) that overviews your medications and what you and the pharmacist spoke about; and
- A Personal Medication List that lists the medications, supplements and over-the-counter medications you are currently taking.
To be eligible, you must:
- Take many different prescription drugs;
- Have certain medical condition(s) like asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), diabetes, dyslipidemia, heart failure, hypertension, depression, or osteoporosis;
- Have high out-of-pocket costs for your prescription drugs.
We will contact you by mail, if you are eligible to participate in this program. The MTMP program is not a benefit, but is an extra service offered at no additional cost to eligible members.
If you have any questions about Healthfirst NY Medication Therapy Management Program, you may call CMI from 9 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday at 1-866-400-0884. TTY users should call 1-866-244-0896.
If you would like to receive a copy of the blank personal medication list, please call Healthfirst Member Services at 1-888-260-1010, TTY/TDD users should call 1-888-542-3821, 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm.