What do I need to apply for Medicaid through the Healthfirst Managed Care program?
- Proof of age, such as your birth certificate;
- Proof of United States citizenship or alien status;*
- Recent paycheck stubs (if you are working);
Proof of income from any of the following:
- Social Security
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans’ Benefits (VA)
Proof of where you live. This can include any of the following:
- Rent receipt
- Landlord statement
- Mortgage statement
- Mail with your address on it
- Health insurance benefit card or the policy (if you have any other health insurance).
* = Note: Medicaid may cover you, even if you have alien status. You must be pregnant, or need emergency treatment. This must be certified by a doctor. Other requirements may apply.