Do you sometimes forget when to take your medicine? Or do you have difficulty remembering exactly how much medicine to take? Maybe you’re taking more than one medicine and are having a tough time managing all of them.
You’re not alone. The good news is that there are tools that can help you stay healthy and safe while taking your medicines. Click the links below to get resources to help you manage your medicines with more ease, understand the importance of taking your medicine on time and in the right amount, and stay informed.
And remember: it’s important to talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions or concerns about your medicines.
- The Center for Improving Medication Management & the National Council on Patient Information and Education – “Medicine Safety/A Toolkit for Families”
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality – “Your Medicine: Be Smart. Be Safe.”
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) – “Medicines Made Easy-Things You Need to Know about Managing Your Medications but were Afraid to Ask”
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration – “Medicines and You: A Guide for Older Adults”
- National Consumers League – “Script Your Future”
- New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene – “My Medication List” / Español
- New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene - "Health Bulletin/Taking Your Medicine" / Español