Improving Member Satisfaction
At Healthfirst, we believe member satisfaction is an important priority – one that we are constantly striving to improve.
What you can do to help:
- Review Healthfirst’s Appointment Availability and 24-Hour Access Standards (see section 3.4 of the Provider Manual).
- Review the expectations and responsibilities of providers with respect to providing high-quality services to our members (see sections 3.1 and 3.2 of the Provider Manual).
- Be mindful of the time you spend with each member. This includes listening to patient concerns and thoroughly answering questions in a way that is easily understandable – in plain language, with simple directions.
- Contact your Healthfirst network representative to resolve any issues that are a barrier to achieving member satisfaction.
Best Practices By Providers for Increasing Member Satisfaction
Healthfirst conducts regular enrollee satisfaction surveys throughout the year to gather feedback directly from our members. Based off of the top 20 highest scoring Providers in our network, we
identified the following list of best practices that that helped to improve member satisfaction.
- Periodically conduct patient satisfaction surveys for your Healthfirst patients throughout the year to identify their concerns.
- Schedule appointments with new Healthfirst members and members with gaps in care such as those listed on the members missing services list.
- Give appointment reminders prior to a member’s scheduled visit.
- Follow up with members who have missed appointments and try to reschedule.
- Educate staff on the benefits of meaningful use of electronic health records to improve health care.
- Provide members with a written visit summary sheet at the end of their visit, documenting the reason for the visit, what was discussed, any next steps and a treatment plan outline.
- Provide timely outreach to members after an Emergency Room visit or hospital stay.
- Track referrals for high risk members and facilitate appointments with Specialists for needed treatment and exams.
- Ensure that that there is patient care coordination within the practice and across the delivery system.
- Have feedback forms available so that members may comment on the service they received after their visit.
- We encourage our providers to review and integrate these practices to help enhance the satisfaction of Healthfirst enrollees.
Strategic Ways to Improve Member Satisfaction – Educational Downloads
|Healthfirst Provider Call Back Standard|
|Waiting Time Standard|
|Billing and Reimbursement|
|What to Ask Members When They Are Present for an Appointment|