AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM HEALTHFIRST REGARDING HURRICANE SANDY
NEW YORK, NY, November 1, 2012 – In light of the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, Healthfirst is concerned with the safety of our members and all others affected by this monster storm. We are posting the following information to make it easier for our members to get the care they need in light of extensive damage, power and phone outages, and limited transportation options:
· For an updated list of hospitals and clinics in the Healthfirst network that are temporarily closed or open with exceptions, click here.
· If you’re a current Healthfirst Child Health Plus (CHP) member, click here for some recently issued deadline extensions for recertifications, presumptive enrollments, and premium contributions.
· If you are not able to contact your physician or obtain transportation for needed medical services, please utilize emergency rooms or urgent care centers close to where you are.
· If you have a prescription drug plan, you can get valid refills at any in-network pharmacy. In-network pharmacies will be able to assist with obtaining needed medications as well as refills.
· If you need additional help, you can always call our Member Services department at 1-866-GO-FOR-HF (1-866-463-6743). You can also visit the following community offices that are operational at this time:
635 Fulton Street
400 E. Fordham Road
93-14 Roosevelt Avenue
41-60 Main Street
Senior Health Partners
1222 E. 96th Street
We continue to monitor announcements from Mayor Bloomberg’s and Governor Cuomo’s offices, and will keep our members up-to-date with the latest developments as news becomes available. Again, we urge our members and others to remain safe, and assure that the Healthfirst team is here to serve the needs of our local communities.
Established in 1993, Healthfirst is a not-for-profit managed care organization that offers low or no-cost health insurance to eligible individuals and families living in the New York metropolitan area and New Jersey. It provides a variety of government-sponsored health insurance programs, including New York State's Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus, and Medicaid, as well as Medicare Advantage. The Healthfirst family of companies includes Healthfirst in New York, Healthfirst NJ in New Jersey, and Senior Health Partners (SHP), a managed long term care plan serving Medicaid-eligible clients in New York City. For more information, visit the company's websites at www.healthfirst.org and www.healthfirstnj.org.