Healthfirst Hosts 2013 Spring Annual Provider Symposium at its Headquarters
NEW YORK, NY, May 15, 2013 – Healthfirst is hosting its annual spring symposium at its headquarters (100 Church Street, New York, NY 10007) on Friday, May 17th.
The all-day symposium, spearheaded by Jay Schechtman, MD, MBA, Healthfirst Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer and Susan Beane, MD, Healthfirst Vice President and Medical Director, will discuss, “The Patient-Centered Medical Home: Building Health Communities”. Twelve speakers, including Healthfirst senior staff and guests from Healthfirst provider hospitals will participate in the symposium, representing the following institutions:
- Gregory C. Burke, MPA, Director, Innovation Strategies, United Hospital Fund
- Angelo R. Canedo, PhD, Vice President, MediSys Health Network
- Debbian Fletcher-Blake, FNP, Assistant Executive Director, Care for the Homeless
- Foster C. Gesten, MD, FACP, Medical Director, Office of Quality and Patient Safety
New York State Department of Health/New York State Vision for the Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Theodore Kastner, MD, MS, Founder and President, Developmental Disabilities Health Alliance, Inc.
- Maria Basso Lipani, LCSW, Program Director, PACT, The Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Alan L. Silver,MD, MPH, Medical Director, IPRO
- Brent Stackhouse,Executive Director, NYC Regional Extension Center at the Primary Care Information Project
- Paul Wilder,Vice President, Product Management, New York eHealth Collaborative
- Daniel McCarthy, MBA, Healthfirst Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Jay Schechtman, MD, MBA, Healthfirst Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer
- Susan Beane, MD, Healthfirst Vice President and Medical Director
Pat Wang, Healthfirst President and CEO, will open the symposium following a keynote address from Foster Gesten, MD – NYS DOH. Speakers will focus on innovations, challenges and opportunities in the implementation of the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), including topics such as:
- Quality outcomes as a result of the implementation of the PCMH in New York State
- Strategies for meeting the updated NCQA PCMH Recognition standards
- New frontiers for the medical home in order to meet the needs of the vulnerable populations that we serve
This is the sixth provider symposium Healthfirst is hosting to date. Symposiums are held every fall and spring. For more information, please visit the Provider Services portal of the Healthfirst website at www.healthfirst.com.
Established in 1993, Healthfirst is a not-for-profit managed care organization that offers low or no-cost health insurance to eligible individuals and families living in the New York metropolitan area and New Jersey. It provides a variety of government-sponsored health insurance programs, including New York State's Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus, and Medicaid, as well as Medicare Advantage. The Healthfirst family of companies includes Healthfirst in New York, Healthfirst NJ in New Jersey, and Senior Health Partners (SHP), a managed long term care plan serving Medicaid-eligible clients in New York City. For more information, visit the company's websites at www.healthfirst.org and www.healthfirstnj.org.