2014 Healthfirst Medicare Medication Therapy Management
Healthfirst Medicare Plan wants to make sure that you are getting the most out of the prescription drugs you use. This program was designed and is managed by licensed pharmacists at Care Management International (CMI) to improve the way prescription drugs are used.
What is the Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP)?
The Healthfirst Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP) is an in-depth one-on-one review of all of your medications (prescription, over-the-counter, herbal and nutritional). The goal is to help you get the most from your medications.
Your MTM Pharmacist will review your health status and treatment plan. This will ensure your pharmacist can help make sure that:
- You are taking only the medication you need, that they are working.
- You are aware of any potential side effects and know how to better manage them
- You are taking the correct amount of medicine at the right time
- Your medications are not interacting with each other
- Your prescriptions, vitamins, supplements or over-the counter drugs are safe and effective
- You are not spending more than you need to for your medications
The MTMP is not a benefit, but rather an extra service offered at no additional cost to eligible members.
To be eligible, you must:
have at least 3 of the following specific chronic diseases
- Bone Disease-Arthritis-Osteoporosis
- Chronic Heart Failure (CHF)
- Mental Health-Depression
- Mental Health-Depression
- be on at least 7 Chronic maintenance medications
- be likely to incur an annual Part D drug costs of $3,017
You will be contacted by mail if you are eligible to participate in this program.
Services Offered include:
- Telephone consultation with a licensed pharmacist to review your medications and answer any questions you may have;
- A Medication Action Plan (MAP) mailed to you and faxed to your provider, which is used to communicate recommendations from the pharmacist to you and your physician.
- A Personal Medication List (PML – click here for a blank copy*) mailed to you that lists the medications, supplements and over-the-counter medications you are currently taking.
*Document Coming Soon
For more information about the MTM Program and to schedule your FREE medication review with a pharmacist, please call 1-866-400-0884, Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm. TTY/TDD users should call 1-866-244-0896.
If you wish to be excluded from MTM program, please call 1-866-400-0884, Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm. TTY/TDD users should call 1-866-244-0896.
If you have other questions, not related to the MTM program but regarding your Healthfirst Medicare Plan, please call Member Services at 1-888-260-1010 (TDD/TTY 1-888-542-3821), 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm.
For more information about the MTM Program or to obtain MTM service documents, please call 1-866-400-0884, Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm. TTY/TDD users should call 1-866-244-0896.
Healthfirst Medicare Plan is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the New York Medicaid program. Enrollment in Healthfirst Medicare Plan depends on contract renewal.
H3359_MKT14_18 CMS Approved 10252013